swlegends
Welcome to the swlegends Clan site for Soul wars, Please log in
swlegends
Welcome to the swlegends Clan site for Soul wars, Please log in
swlegends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

is this a dictatorship or a democracy?

Go down 
+5
gkdall
fallenxaegis
Dracae
Killmenow101
Katanasan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Katanasan

is this a dictatorship or a democracy? Empty
PostSubject: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Twice this week, people have received stars without the rest of the leadership voting on it.

I'm not happy about the decisions being made by upper level ranks without consulting the rest of the council.

These two new stars, while being nice people, are new to our clan. We have many many people who have been here for months, help out with the daily chores of the cc, call a lot, and are generally good people who are more deserving of these ranks.

I am pretty angry about star ranks being given without consulting the council first. It was my understanding that we would have a vote about something so important to the future of our cc?

I dont think because someone is friends with a general, that they automatically deserve a star. Most of us had to work really hard to get noticed enough to earn our badges.

What are we going to do about this?
Back to top Go down
Killmenow101

Killmenow101

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Oh don't worry Kat, it's not a dictatorship, it's a 1 person democracy. (I'm jk...)
I'm not aware of a lot of things going on atm but if this is true, that doesn't sound like what we agreed on. There are a few people who deserve some ranks so I think we should just bring their name up in a leaders meeting, I would have suggested Barewolffoot but I've missed every leader's meeting since the one where Silk quit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.runescape.com
Dracae

Dracae

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:07 pm

Just posting to say: Kat and I and a few others talked.

I explained what was going on, what happened, the how and why of it.
Kat stil does not agree, and I can understand, some things that happened took me by surprise and I actually talked about this with a lot of ppl and was involved in it..lol.

I think we need to talk, as leaders coss this stuff should be resolved and not explode out of control.
Back to top Go down
fallenxaegis

fallenxaegis

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:21 pm

I agree with kat on this, gkdall talked to me last night about giving those 2 ranks...I didn't like the idea but said that if the other leaders were for this then I wouldn't object.

But I do want the record to show that I do not support the idea "trial leadership" (which is what this is). We all earned our stars by stepping up, calling, helping enforce rules etc...

This just seems like, "Let's give 'em a rank and see what happens"...which doesn't seem fair....
Back to top Go down
gkdall

gkdall

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:22 pm

Kat...Killme... Drac.... Fallen....you each have made valid points.... and this morning....the pm's started flying in. I have to admit.....you are correct. This decision was made in haste.... for the purpose of 'solving a problem'....yet was made without consulting the council. SWL is a clan where .... just like the "knights of the round table".... we get together and discuss these issues. For my part in this.... I bear the responsibility of this... Daisy does not...she was as surprised as anyone else. I have had time to think it over and realized I need to correct my mistake. Although they are very nice ppl and capable leaders.....I was wrong in doing what I did. I will make the necessary adjustments. Daisy and I are calling for a leaders meeting tonight in order to set the record straight and to discuss other issues that may exist.
Again, my deepest apologies for acting without the clans knowledge. However just my intentions were... they were impetuous.
Back to top Go down
Katanasan

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Thank you, Dall! Cool
Back to top Go down
godtoall1
Admin
godtoall1

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:54 pm

I think we should step back and not look at this as personal or to hurt member not star rank yet, that should be consider before someone else.

This was all based on who is on late and who has leadership qualities. So if you have someone in mind for star rank on this issue, "they need to play mostly at late night or earlier morning". This was mostly done for late night leaders.

Gk correct me if I'm wrong. Gk had an idea and ran it passed every leader on at the time, before he did anything 1st.

We all have to agree, we have lack of leaders late at night and in turn we don't control the world. So last meeting was on thush and I think most agreed to give it ago with thush, but we need more then just thush as a new leader. Which create the idea of these 2 new ranks.

With that said, I would recommend to gk on calls like this, post your thoughts before other have to post their feelings on this type of call. So they can understand your side 1st and not have this happen in the future.
Back to top Go down
https://swlegends.forumotion.com
Dracae

Dracae

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:29 pm

"This was all based on who is on late and who has leadership qualities.
So if you have someone in mind for star rank on this issue, "they need
to play mostly at late night or earlier morning". This was mostly done
for late night leaders."

"We all have to agree, we have lack of leaders late at night and in turn
we don't control the world. So last meeting was on thush and I think
most agreed to give it ago with thush, but we need more then just thush
as a new leader. Which create the idea of these 2 new ranks."

INDEED.

I think there's a real need for stars and we did our best to find suitable ppl on short notice. But I think a starmeeting to vote them in or down would have been the thing to do.
Back to top Go down
fallenxaegis

fallenxaegis

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Well I thank you for the acknowledgement, and agree there is a lack of leadership during late hours, and I also agree (atleast for thush and rass, as i do not know morphine) are capable leaders, however, I think it would be wise to give it more consideration.

Unfortunetly I don't think I'll be attending the meeting tonight, I'm just about to head out for the night right now. But please do post the topics of the meeting here, so I can see what the rest of the "round table" agrees upon. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
V E N UM

V E N UM

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Morphine Is Starting To Be A Very Well Rounded Leader, He, To Me, Proved He Is Capable Of Leading The Cc Late At Night, When The Caller Leaves He Takes Off Like He Was The First Caller, Really Smooth Transfer, And Last Night And This Morning He Was Taking Very Good Control Of The Cc, Until The Previous Caller Fell Asleep On Them. But He Done His Best To Take Back Control And Led The Cc To A 2-1 Victory. But I Have To Admit He Does Good Under Crashing Pressure But To Me He Still Has To Learn On Handleing Cc Pressure. When Zaros Went Off The Wall He Was A Little Hesitiant But When Fh Scout Acted Out He Was There To Settle It Until Scout Went At It And Daisy Being There Put The Matter To Rest. So All In All I See A Very Good Potentail In Morphine.

¥ Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has A Future ¥
Back to top Go down
Daisy5104

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:22 pm

all I will say is rules apply to all....
Back to top Go down
gkdall

gkdall

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:24 pm

exellent post venum..... thats the kind of detailed feedback wed like to see.
Back to top Go down
Just 00 Her

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 9:20 am

Hey all, I'm not really sure where to put this because it's not to important, but im sorry that I logged out of the meeting so suddenly, my dad apparently turned of our modem so I would get some sleep Razz .. but that meant no internet for me last night Sad
Back to top Go down
Killmenow101

Killmenow101

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Well I think it's time everyone thanks Dall. He loves the clan so much that he tried to help us with the late night problem as soon as possible. The intensions were good and the problem is fixed, we all have now learned a lesson, even Dall, making him a greater leader. That lesson being, cut the snacks fatty. No not really.... If you want to help the clan, make sure you follow the rules, if you go against them, you can just make the situation worse. Dall was released from the cc Swljail earlier this mornning, so I think it's awesome that the clan is actually strong enough to have solved of a problem like that so soon. Way to go guys, every mistake helps us all. (But try to limit those mistakes!)

is this a dictatorship or a democracy? Killmenow101
"I'm not trying to offend you, I'm trying to tell the truth"
"The only thing that holds you back from what you attempt most to gain, is your mental attitude"
"People these days love to hate and hate to love"
" 'Technically' EVERYONE is correct" <(lame joke)
"Sacrificing time to devote it for a greater reason is someone one can't afford to miss"

"Faith is... Being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see"
Back to top Go down
godtoall1
Admin
godtoall1

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:47 pm

All I know is when gk runs for president, I hope he will make me the VP. We would rock the world Smile
Back to top Go down
https://swlegends.forumotion.com
gkdall

gkdall

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:56 pm

yes gta......first order of business.....free zeal for all swlegends !!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
fallenxaegis

fallenxaegis

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:46 am

Haha, I don't think you can enforce American policy in Great Britain. We'll just have to elect you Ruler of the World =D
Back to top Go down
V E N UM

V E N UM

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 am

Sure We Can Fallen, They Do Owe Us For Bailing Them Out In The First World War And Again In The Second Lol. And I Know They Havent Paid Us For The Rapamaids, I Know Thats Not How To Spell It, But Its Suspose To Be Another Word For War Damages Or Somethin

¥ Every Saint Has A Past, Every Sinner Has A Future ¥
Back to top Go down
fallenxaegis

fallenxaegis

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:57 am

Lol, I think the term is reparations... But ya I suppose they do still owe us something..Now to get jagex on board...
Back to top Go down
Killmenow101

Killmenow101

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Ruler of the world? Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is this a dictatorship or a democracy?   is this a dictatorship or a democracy? Empty

Back to top Go down

is this a dictatorship or a democracy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
swlegends :: Archive-
Jump to: